Low noise, smooth sound, and excellent stereo tracking.
The Ashly CLX-52 is a 2-channel compressor/limiter that uses an "infinite soft-knee" characteristic and timing based on compression ratio. This, combined with a dual release time, allows program density to increase as the input signal increases. The result is a peak controller with very low noise, smooth sound, and excellent stereo tracking, and without the usual "constricted" limiter sound. The CLX-52 has many ways to deal with any gain structure. The mechanical design is ready for years of rugged service and is backed by Ashly's exclusive Five Year Worry-Free Warranty. The CLX-52 is extremely useful for such diverse applications as loudspeaker protection, vocal level control, broadcast limiting, musical instrument sustain, special effects, and CD to cassette transfers.
- Extremely low noise and distortion
- Dual release time for minimum "pumping"
- Detector Patch Point
- Wide-range control of all parameters
- Powerful peak control with minimum audible side effects
- Both XLR and 1/4" input and output connectors
- Balanced Inputs and Outputs
- Gain: 15dB
- Threshold: -40dBu - +22dBu
- Ratio: 2:1 - infinite
- Attack Time: 200uSec - 20mSec
- Release Time: .1Sec - 3Sec
- Output: -40dBu - +20dBu
- Stereo Tie Switch: Yes
- Defeat Switch: Yes
- Detector Patch Point: Allows side-chain connection of equalizer for frequency selective operation
- Input Impedance: 20kohms, balanced bridging
- Output Impedance: 200ohms quasi-balanced (terminate with >600ohms)
- Frequency Response:± .2dB 20Hz-20kHz
- Distortion:<.01%, +15dBu, 1kHz; <.15%, +15dBu, 20Hz-20kHz
Hum And Noise: -96dBu, unity gain